From a tasting session to a rainforest themed day, events are a great way to attract a crowd. Follow the Frog gives you the opportunity to really engage your customers in our collective sustainability story. It’s a chance for you to tell them why your products carry the Rainforest Alliance Certified ™ seal, the difference it makes to farmers and the environment around the world, and how they too can follow the frog.
Need some ideas, well look no further…
- Hold a tasting session – be it an invite only or a drop-in event, a tasting session is a great way to show off the delicious beverages you offer. You could display information about our work in each of the countries that your coffee or tea originates from. You may even want to give a short presentation or screen our hilarious, award-winning 3-minute film on how not to save the rainforest!
- Rainforest themed day – All you need is a couple of inflatable palm trees, a bunch of bananas, a cuddly monkey or two, and you have got yourself a rainforest theme. For the brave, see if your local fancy dress shop has a banana suit that you could hire and dress up in?! During your themed day you could run promotions/competitions, to win a free cup of Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee for a week, or a goody bag filled with Rainforest Alliance Certified products – we’ll be telling you more about these in the next blog! And, if you’re feeling really ambitious, why not hold a rainforest themed week?
- A little something for your dedicated staff – like the rainforest theme days, why not do something in your staff room? Create your own rainforest café or hold an after-work tropical cocktail evening. Engage your staff in the importance of sustainability in a fun and informal setting. You could also incentivise them with a competition, for example, run a rainforest quiz or get them to engage customers – the server who gets the highest amount of customers to fill out a competition card wins.
- Social media event – Use of your Twitter or Facebook pages to engage your customers. You could set them challenges, for example, first person to Twit Pic or post a picture as per the challenge – i.e. a photo holding a Rainforest Alliance Certified cup of coffee, or a photo of a Costa Rican red eye tree frog – wins a free coffee everyday for a month.
We don’t of course expect you to do this alone. We’ve got lots of support that we can offer you. Here’s how we can help you…
- Promote your event – Add your event details to our customisable Follow the Frog posters. Please contact us for information and to discuss your needs.
- Invitations – Customise our postcards with details of your event. We suggest sending these out to your customers at least 5 weeks before your event.
- Presentations – We have some fantastic film and slideshow presentations that you can use. These include:
- What is the Rainforest Alliance? – a general presentation with audio commentary, available here.
- A Seal with Wide Appeal – a slideshow with script, available here.
- Follow the Frog – an award-winning hilarious take on how not to save the rainforest, available here.
- Alternatively please contact us to discuss your needs or if you would like to invite a representative from the Rainforest Alliance to talk at your event.
- Local media coverage – Promote your event – before and after – in your local press. Please contact us for advice.
- Decorate your premises with posters and point of sale – We are putting together kits containing promotional items such as posters, table talkers, and stickers. These will be available free of charge for using during your event. Please contact us to request these.
- Facebook and twitter – use social media to promote your event and remember to e=mail us with the details so that we can promote your event through our social media channels too!
We’d love to hear about your plans. We are keen to support you on delivering and promoting your Follow the Frog activity so please contact the UK Team via Alison Young: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you.
Look out for the next Follow the Frog blog, which will be about running a promotion. For more information about Follow the Frog Week, click here.